Plant Nutrition Carbon Footprint Optimizer
A revolutionary digital tool for Agro-professionals to quantify Carbon Footprint (CFP) of crop nutrition plans and crop management practices, at field-level
Fertilization is a major contributor to global warming and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions
Global agricultural human-induced emissions have increased by 30% over the last four decades**
Synthetic fertilizers, transportation, and field applications are major contributing factors to direct GHG emissions from agricultural activities
* Pound for pound these emissions have the potential of warming the planet 298 times as much as Co2 (actual amount varies due to residency time).
Sources: Climate Watch, the World Resources Institute (2020), EPA (2002).
** Tian, Hanqin, et al. “A comprehensive quantification of global nitrous oxide sources and sinks.” Nature 586.7828 (2020).
Use more sustainable crop nutrition plans and practices
The solution enables Agro-professionals to optimize crop nutrition, based on a wide database of different crops, for 12 crop-essential nutrients and is customized for geospatial needs
The Plant Nutrition Carbon Footprint Optimizer allows users to compare nutrition plans and consider the tradeoffs between yields and environmental impact
Calculate the carbon footprint of your crop nutrition plans
- Carbon Footprint (CFP) rates vary for different nutritional plans
- The system calculates the Carbon Footprint & GHG emissions based on different parameters such as – field characteristics (soil type, organic matter, pH); environmental conditions; agronomic practices; crop type; fertilizer type; applications timing, and residue management
- Our membership in the Cool Farm Alliance allows us to calculate science-based environmental impact assessments
Quantify and compare the environmental effects of your crop management decisions
- We aim to aid Agri-businesses, food processors, and NGOs interested in a sustainable approach for their crop nutrition management
- Our algorithm correctly adjusts crop nutritional needs, preventing over-fertilization
- The Plant Nutrition Carbon Footprint Optimizer estimates environmental costs, that are reported as Co2 emissions of a specific crop nutrition plan
- Users can run different simulations, compare nutritional recommendations, and understand the tradeoff between maximizing yields and minimizing detrimental environmental effects